Virtual Singapore is a three-dimensional (3D) city model and collaborative data platform. It is supported by the National Research Foundation (NRF), Prime Minister’s Office, Singapore, the Singapore Land Authority (SLA) and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech). It includes 3D maps of Singapore to cater to the use of the public, private people and research sectors. The aim of this is to provide users with a platform to develop sophisticated tools and applications for test-bedding smart city concepts and services, planning and decision-making, and research on technologies to solve emerging and complex challenges for Singapore.
The SUTD Virtual Singapore Competency Programme has the following objectives:
- To model digital twin, create complex use cases, develop apps, widgets and software robots as well as to define and develop APIs as necessary to be proficient and conversant with the capabilities of Virtual Singapore
- To undertake the role to train batches of users from government agencies and research institutions and commercial organisations with different levels of expertise
This project is a collaboration between the SUTD Academy, SUTD’s Architecture and Sustainable Design Pillar and SUTD-MIT International Design Centre, who leads the project.
SUTD is looking for someone who can assist them through the Virtual Singapore Competency Programme and if you got what it takes to be a part of it, apply here now!
Key Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Lead for business development effort for Virtual Singapore Competency Centre to develop business cases for the centre.
- Build financial sustainability for Virtual Singapore Competency Centre’s operations beyond 3 years.
- Work with trainers to develop training opportunities for current and prospective public and private sector users of Virtual Singapore
- Learn and understand the use of Virtual Singapore platform developed by Dassault Systemes.
- Develop basic, intermediate and advanced training courses for Virtual Singapore platform with the help of Dassault Systems
- Deliver basic, intermediate and advanced training courses for Virtual Singapore platform to prospective users from both public and private sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture or Geography/Urban planning.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in sales or business development of software, technology, built-environment, or engineering products or solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in geospatial and/or digital twinning software would be desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Educational experience would be desirable.