Organised by the NTUC and Smart Nation & Digital Government Office, this year's Smart Nation and U is a free family event held at Downtown East on the 30th of November and the 1st of December, from 9 am to 6 pm. The event is meant to encourage positive attitudes toward technology and dispel any fears toward it, by showing how technology transforms and enables how Singaporeans live, work, and play in a fun and easily understood manner.
There will be more than 80 different booths featuring a myriad of tech products and initiatives from companies, institutes of higher learning and the government, including several of our GeoTechs showcasing:
- the Mogul SG website and app highlighting their portal's abilities to find homes with specified features for sale
- how the Foodscape Collective uses geospatial technology in various ways to reduce food waste and improve sustainability,
- an animated video explaining Schoolber's carpool service for students, where other parents drive them to school to save time and petrol,
- Whatshalal’s Halal Scanner, showcasing how it collects information to add value to the supply chain, and the first public reveal of their Assurance and Traceability Management System (ATeMS) to benefit halal businesses of businesses interested in going Halal,
- and a demonstration of YQueue’s ordering process using their kiosks, QR codes and app, with limited quantities of free Tea Valley and Gongcha items which can be redeemed on the spot.
From 30th November to 8th December, YQueue is also having a promotional free size upgrade for selected GongCha drinks when consumers order at least two items through their YQueue account at Tampines and Pasir Ris outlets.
Last but not least, come down to the OneMap booth, themed around "OneMap for Your Family" to find out how OneMap (powered by our GeoPartner Foursquare) can help your family find all sorts of different locations, like eateries, childcare services, places of recreation, schools and properties.
Visit the event website here.